Storm Damage Cleanup in Basement Home
This flooded basement in Iowa was the result of recent catastrophic flooding that took place. SERVPRO of Nixa/Branson sent crews to help dry out homes and businesses. Our crews are able to save much of the sheetrock and contents in this basement by only cutting out the affected sheetrock to allow drying in the wall cavity.
What To Do If Your Home is Affected by Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.